Apple has previewed iOS 6 to WWDC 2012 attendees on Monday 11th, June.
For normal users, this latest iOS is still not released yet till this fall. iOS Developer Program members would be getting the beta version first.
Amazingly there are over 200 new features. Here are just some of the main features:
- new Maps with Apple-designed cartography, turn-by-turn navigation and a new Flyover view
- new Siri features, with support for more languages, access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings
- Facebook integration for Contacts and Calendar, for posting directly from Notification Center, Siri and Facebook-enabled apps like Photos, Safari and Maps
- Shared Photo Streams via iCloud- Passbook, all your passes in one place.
- Guided Access can disable hardware buttons to lock an iOS device into a single app; and confine touch input to certain parts of the screen.
- enhanced Safari, with iCloud tabs, offline reading lists, photo uploads and full screen view
- support for FaceTime calls over cellular networks
- VIP Mailbox, to quickly view messages from important people - decline incoming calls with a quick message, set a callback reminder and enable a new Do Not Disturb option
- improvements and services for iOS users in China, such as improved text input and built-in support for popular Chinese services including Baidu, Sina Weibo, Youku and Tudou.